Tasting - hive & HONEY

 hive & HONEY Tasting Review




Background

    This hive & HONEY wine is a Riesling that is made with pear, pineapple, and passionfruit mixed with the white grape. The wine is from Monterey, California. The grapes are grown onsite in their vineyard. The business is family owned and ran. All production takes place on the family's estate. This wine is a 2021 and is sold for $10 a bottle making it super affordable for us broke college students.

Wine Critic Review

Has caught the attention of the wine critic. Notice the sweet fruit right off the bat and was surprised that is was sweet without being too much. Finds this wine to be the right balance of sweet and tart, but also light and fresh. Rated 4.5/5 and believes this is the perfect house warming gift in the Spring and Summer.

- Motherhood & Merlot
https://motherhoodandmerlot.com/hive-honey-riesling/

Wine Folly

On page 158 it talks about how a Riesling is good to pair with duck, pork, shrimp, and crab. I did not eat any food with it, so it may be good to try that next time I drink one. Many tend to be dry, which I had tasted. Many of these wines tend to be acidic, but I couldn't tell. 

My personal review

Since this is my first wine blog I am going to admit something, I don't really love drinking wine. So when I make my tasting blogs, I am going to be picky and probably won't love many. 

With that being said, I actually liked this wine. It was very fruity and had a light taste. The taste always stayed light, and went down easy. I do have a sweet tooth, so I loved the sweetness of this wine. For being my very first wine tasting, it was a great way to start off and I would drink this again.

Rate: 4.5/5



Us at wine night



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tasting - Freixenet Cordon Negro

Tasting - Barefoot Strawberry Wine