Tasting - Hinnant Strawberry

 


Name:
Hinnant Strawberry Wine

Region: Pine Level, North Carolina 

Variety: Strawberry

Year: Does not say

Price: $12


Wine Blog Review: Funny enough there were no blog or winery reviews on this wine. When I asked my mom where she got it from, she had picked it up in the local store near Boone, NC. The company is a small family owned winery that is starting to grow. They describe the wine as a light and sweet strawberry wine. 


Wine Folly: This wine is part of the small amount of wines made in the Southeast of the US (pg. 284). The wines in the United States are fruit focused and as part of the New World, the wines are not always focused making them out of grapes.


Personal Review: When I first smelt the wine, you could smell the sweetest of the strawberries. It wasn't overwhelming, but lightly coated my smell. It also reminded me of a strawberry cake. When I went to taste the wine, I was very surprised at how light the taste was. I was expecting it to be overwhelmingly sweet, but it actually had an oaky taste to it. As it was going down, I could taste the tannic component. I really enjoyed this wine and would drink again


Rate: 10/10




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tasting - Freixenet Cordon Negro

Tasting - Barefoot Strawberry Wine

Wine Tasting - Ogio Prsecco